Wednesday, November 4, 2009

1 Malaysia concept

I think most of u who read news paper last week are aware of Marina Undau's case whose application to enter matriculation was rejected for the reason that she's not a Bumiputera. To make the story short, the main issue here is the recognition of a person's status whether he/she is a Bumiputera based on his/her parents race. For so many years, we regard our race based on the father's race. Maybe when the Article in the Federal Constitution was created, it was mean to protect the priviledge or benefits of the local Bumiputera. So now that mixed marriage become a common issue, this Article 161a should be review.

However, race should not be an issue for Marina to be qualified to enter matriculation. She has obtained 9As 1B in her SPM so why consider her race when her result should be a big tick for her qualification.

Why am I talking about this issue is not only because I'm quite upset about it, but also because I've just read an article about 1Malaysia concept being introduce by our Prime Minister, YAB Dato Sri Mohd Najib Tun Abdul Razak.

I am preparinfg for my interview tomorrow so just wanted to equip myself with any current isssue.

Back to 1Malaysia, there are 8 main values mentioned which are (in BM):

*Budaya Kecemerlangan
*Ketabahan
*Rendah hati
*Penerimaan
*Kesetian
*Meritokrasi
*Pendidikan
*Integriti

Two main principles are Togetherness and Sense of belonging.

Based on meritocracy, Marina should be qualified for matriculation and by rejecting her application based on her race, it is somehow contrasting with the principle of 1Malaysia.

Malas mau cakap banyak, mmg dah byk pun...hahaha...

Hope amendment will be made in order to avoid any futher issues.

U can read more details on 1Malaysia here.

No comments: