Thursday, October 1, 2009

1st day at work

Anyone wana ask me how's my 1st day at work? hehehe...i don think anyone know it's my 1st day anyway. Hahahaha..

So...Starting from today, I'm working as beautician at a small personal beauty salon.

My 1st day....one word to describe, BORING.

I know it's not gonna be this boring as days pass by but lets talk about today.

This lady, the owner, is used to work alone so she does most of the work herself. She even told me if I'm bored, I can just sit outside (the hair salon area). She is nice in the sense that she doesn't treat me like her worker but more like a partner.

What I did today?
~pealing off wrapping paper that cover the cabinet glass
~putting towel into cabinet
~shoulder massage
~hand massage
~facial for her bf to test my skill

My comment:
~I'm not use to her way of doing thing. When I'm still learning, I'm use to have my things properly organize. Skincare in the basket+tissue&cotton wool in container+small cup all arrange on the top layer of the trolley, basin and sponge on the 2nd layer and extra towel on the 3rd layer. But her style is not quite organized, her cotton wool just put into drawer with other things, her skincare is not in similar bottle so hard to determine which is cleanser and all that, some without label. After doing the facial, I feel like opening my own home salon cos I prefer doing things my way.
~My boss, SanSan, is a very nice person. She did teaches me a bit here and there and her bf is also very helpful. He gave me feedback while I'm doing facial in a teaching way, not criticizing way so I learned a bit there.
~I wish I could improve in my communication skill so that I can speak more cos I'm very shy and I tend to just keep quite. How am I going to push out the product if I don't communicate with the customer...mmm...

Hope everything when well as days pass by. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sine kerja ya?brapa facial ya babe? ku tgh cari yg murah2..haha