Wednesday, August 5, 2009

St.Ann Feast Annual Dinner

It was held on the 1st of August at Siburan Community Hall.

We didn't enjoy ourself bcs of the food that are being served. My mom purchase a RM500 table and we are sitting at the border line that divide the hall into two zone. That is bcs there are two caterer for the dinner. Unfortunately, we are sitting at the worst-caterer-ever zone. Since our table are next to the other zone table (since we are exactly at the borderline), we can see what they are eating. I guess their table are RM300, I mean those that are near to us, as explained by the committee.

According to the committee, both zone has mixture of rm300 and rm500 tables. So if we are being served such food so what's the benefit of paying rm500? Donating more? I won't call that donating cos it is unwillingly purchased.

I ask my mom, what is the different between rm500 table and rm300 table? I answer myself, maybe better food. Then the food came, and the next table (another zone) get their food. Theirs are properly served and totally looks so mouth watering delicious food. While ours, more like rm100 table food. I know this is for church fund but because this ticket was purchase unwillingly by my mom (the committee reserved the table with the thought that my mom will for sure buying it). My patient mom is frustrated, what's more to say me, I'm very short-tempered person. Even the next table (same as us, rm500) is complaining that the food is terrible. Either it's toooo salty or tasteless. I manage to take a few pics of the next delicious-table to compare with ours.

Our soup was serve in this bowl with that ladle
(mcm mok berik anjing makan jak)

Next zone is serve in ceramic bowl

super salty duck that still smell like duck
(I mean u can still taste the smell when i ate it)

Steamed tilapia (the topping looks more like lichen)

Our salty crispy chicken

next table crispy chicken. They have limau for the dish!

top 2 are our dishes, lower 2 are the next table dishes

The pictures I took couldn't explained much about what do I mean by worst-ever-caterer. It all lies in the taste of the food as well as the look. For this caterer, both are not fulfilled.

At the end of the day, I just tell myself, "At least you have food to eat so stop complaining". and guess what, I can't! HAhaha...I tell everyone related about this things.;p..jahat.

8 comments:

John Harding said...

kitak orang kena tipu the komiti..kamek orang mpun makanan (RM300 per table) sama ngan kitak orang... cuba mak kau jadi kedak aku, sure aku bagi balit ticket ya... its not that we dont want to donate but not in such way where we're in no position to choose..\\btw, sempat sik kau baca review aku dalam blog? aku dah delete after one day bcos it's too harsh..aku madah the pinggan mangkuk menceridakkan..sik lalu ku mok makan and why they always underestimate us by organizing such 'sakai' kekampungan event. we deserve better, at least pick a proper restaurant.. kedak makan kat kedai kopi jak..mun kat hunko, cium bau taik babi...dayak..dayak..typically keeping their low standard..sampai bila kah/??!

Caroline Benedicta Wilson said...

x smpt ku bc post kau ya.

aok, org sbelah pun complain makanan x standard. Teruk bah..nang geram tahap dewa lah kmrg mlm ya. Imagine my mom yg penyabar gik dah marah. ish3...bgs gik ku mkn d country court..nyaman gik..nyum2..

John Harding said...

aku meja 44, kenak aku sik nampak kitak orang???

John Harding said...

kekampungan gilak sidak Parish ya.. sik da kemajuan dari dolok sampai sekarang.. aku yang sik kaya tok pun merasa event ya x standard

A View from the Edge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caroline Benedicta Wilson said...

After for quite a number of time dak nya organized this dinner, for sure ppl expect some improvement. Tapi mcm pegi kenduri kawen d kpg jak. This year pny dinner is the worst so far.

A View from the Edge said...

Hi Caroline! Thank you for visiting and following my blog =). I had to delete my other comment here since I thought your name was Jing. Anyways, hope you have a great day!

Caroline Benedicta Wilson said...

Hehehe..no prob dear..thanks for following too. ;)