Have u heard of this beauty pageant recently? Initially is was named as Miss Dayak Sarawak Pageant 2009 but when it come to race issue, politician will step into it making it such a big issue. They said it's too racism. Well, I expect Alaric SOh (the organizer) wanted to have a beauty pageant focusing on the Dayak cos when it come to beauty pageant contest, Chinese and Malay usually will dominate the pageant. I'm not being racism here ya, I'm just saying what I see. Take for example, we already have Miss Cheongsam for the Chinese, Miss Fair and Lovely so-called kumang gawai and yet most of the contestants are Malay. So I guess Alaric just wanted to have another beauty pageant for the Dayak. Anyway, in order to calm things down, the name was change to Miss Borneo Beautiful 2009. The grand finale was held at Crown Plaze Riverside Hotel. My dear Crystal has tickets for the dinner and she invited me to go with her. Luckily she did cos if I didn't go, I would never know what happen during the dinner. surprise2. ;)
I was delighted to know that our table is No.1, right at the right side of the stage. So easy for me to take photo. I did borrow my cousin DSLR but it was to bulky so I left it at home. Then my camera low bat just before they announce the winner for the titles and of cos the winner of Miss Borneo Beautiful.
My comment for the whole event is I notice that the contestants are not well prepared or are lack of practise cos their performances and formation on stage are so messy. It is so asyncronized.
Now now, it's time for the hot talks of the day. The finalist 11. I won't deny she is pretty but my my I tell u, her attitude on stage is so bad! I started to notice her during the second performance, the casual wear. She was dancing just like others when during one of the formation, there are 2 contestants who miss the beats and are a few steps behind. Do u know what she did?? She push one of the them! Can u imagine that?! Right in front of the judges!! She can just signal the slow contestant or pad her shoulder gently but u know what she did? She just push her! Gosh! Such a bad attitude. And then she dance like the whole show is about her, as if she is in a club. Girl! U are in a beauty pageant! I thought I'm the only who notice it, my friends did too!
We were quite surprise that she's in Top 5. Oh ya! Lets talk about her talent performance. She perform Belly Dance and I think my belly dance instructor will be so ashamed to see how she dance and she dare to call it belly dance? Maybe it is when she learn it, who knows. Anyway, loves her outfit, colorful, my style..ngeee...:)
Actually we are quite happy (menjerit kegembiraan kami..wahhaaa) that she didn't win the title. Yeah, I can't deny that she is beautiful and maybe is prettier than the rest but because of the stage bad attitude, we couldn't resist but to hate her.
After leaving the place, we proceed to Pavilion, new club right next to Check Inn at Travilion. Nothing special, just a normal club. Similar with others, having 2nd floor and poles for pole dance. Just that this place has a dance floor. We left early cos it's Monday! Next day is a working day, for my friends of cos.
Food is not the main attraction anymore. Hahaha. Our head are focus on beautiful girls on stage.
Opening performance by the dancer.
1st dance performance using traditional music.
Casual wear dance performance.
Casual wear dance performance.
Dance performance by dancer.
Annabella Wee, the 1st to perform for talent performance, singing Last Christmas.
Cornellia Johnek performing Ngajat, Iban traditional dance.
Darcia Marsely with her Belly Dance.
The ladies in cocktails dress waiting anxiously for the MC to announce the Top 5.
Q&A session, the Top 5 are ready with their written answer. They were given 2minutes to write down their answer.
Performer, he looks like Chinese but he sang Malay song very2 well. Nice voice.
Miss Talent, Livonia Ricky.
Miss Personality, Juliedawati Junaidi.
The lucky girls who won the titles.
Battle of the photographers.
My favourite is finalist no.3 (Cynthia John), finalist no.12 (Durin Edward) and finalist no.18 (Anglia Hendry). I like Anglia the most, she has that very sweet smile and a proper way to present herself on stage. Very polite and gentle. Oh yeah, I think she's one of the finalist in Miss Fair and Lovely 2009, same as Durin. No wonder they know how to present themselves well on stage.
Notice how No.11 perform.
This is wat u call belly dance even tho she is not that good yet but the technique is there. wait till u see no.11.
Ngajat. She needs more practice to improve the gracefulness.
What do u think? This is contestant no.11.
Oh gosh! I didn't know that this can be considered as talent performance.
Winner: Livonia Ricky (Finalist No.10)
1st runner up: Darcia Marsely (Finalist No.11)
2nd runner up: Cornellia Johnek (Finalist No. 7)
3rd runner up: Durin Edward (Finalist No.12)
4th runner up: Claudia Nera (Finalist No,16)
Sudsidiary titles:
Miss Talent: Livonia Ricky (Finalist No.10)
Miss Friendship: Annabella Wee (Finalist No.1)
Miss Photogenic: Anglia Hendry (Finalist No.18)
Miss Goodwill: Jennifer Denis (Finalist No. 6)
Miss Personality: Juliedawati Junaidi (Finalist No.17)
Miss Friendship: Annabella Wee (Finalist No.1)
Miss Photogenic: Anglia Hendry (Finalist No.18)
Miss Goodwill: Jennifer Denis (Finalist No. 6)
Miss Personality: Juliedawati Junaidi (Finalist No.17)
22 comments:
my comment 4 2 vids terakhir..no.11???maybe suk dikpun abis.. n those 2 babes salah tmpat masuk!!!that aint club ladies!!..Hihihi
Lol. I appreciate your thoughts on the Final night. I've yet to upload pics to my blog.
And hey, you captured my Dad in one of your pics! :D
By the way, WE LOVE the last talent performance. Was hoping them to win. they are just so funny!@ Ha ha.
The last video was soo sooo funny...they dance like they r in d club. what a sluts. for me that's not talent..everyone can do that not only in d club...in d room ka...bathroom ka...why they wanna make themself look stupid like that. same also goes with contestant no 11. Suka hati hantam jer. Eh where's d vdeo of d winner for d talent leh?
i'd hate to b a hater here,but dey shud 'filter' thru the contestants first before even allowing em up on stage to compete for the title. no offense but reli damn low grade bunch of competitors up there. last 2 performances esp; contestant 11 makes me laugh! ure right, i take b. dance too n even d aunties in my class danced better. the 2 girls in the last vid just look high n drunk to me.entertaining tho. n i like d backdrop alot. girls in front jz spoils it all.
ken: yeah! ya yg d pikir ku, mcm drunken lady dlm club..serious...huhuhuh...i rasa malu bah tga dak 2 mcm ya, dancing like that at a beauty pageant.
medius: well, share with us ur photos too..;)
anonymous1: I took her photos so I didn't take her video. ;)
anonymous2: yeah, I agree with u. Only a few of them has the quality to be on stage to compete for the title..I mean they doesn't have to look really beautiful, as long as they can present themselves well. and yeah, the belly dancing thing, I agree that the aunties in my class can dance better than No.11.
hahaha....actually i saw contestant's 11 photos somewhere and i thought she's beautiful and better than the rest.. she's still beautiful and actually know how to dance.. but what's with the selamba-ness??
and last video is just a disgrace...i think they think that they know how to dance so they didnt bother to find other talent
John: I can't deny that she dance better than the rest but her 'selamba-ness' attitude send out message like 'sukati lah ku polah, asal dah polah jak'. Then after the winner is announce, they are group on stage for photo taking with them waving ala miss world, she was like waving, then look at her hand and show face expression like 'ah...bodo juak wave cmtk..p...watever..'..menyampah i tga.
hai sweetheart....
nice comment u have there bout me myself....FYI,about the video which u said dat i looks like a drunken lady or watever it is lah,let i make it clear ok....we were xcually doing it like victoria secret's runway..did u ever watch how they do their catwalk? so pls mind ur words....
n about my belly dancing,i have no comment..maybe u do better dats y u r saying all those crap...
thanks for de pics n video anyway...i just trying to make things clear...thanks again...
: )
Hi there,
:)..From ur comment I guess u r no.11.
Anyway, maybe u r not so clear of wat i've written but I didn't said that u drunk or looks like drunken lady. I didn't.
About ur belly dance, I will not say that I'm the best, but we just think that u r not dancing it the right way. I know that dancing are subjective but yeah...since it is belly dance, of cos there are some basic belly dance steps that u can see in every belly dance. and once again, i love ur outfit.
Wat I said might hurt u but yeah...that is the impression that u have left to us after watching u on stage.
Oh yeah, about Victoria Secret, yeah, I've watched their video before and they look cute but I do not know why, maybe it is ur face expression that make us annoyed..I dono...but I can't deny that u sure know how to dance, might be better than the rest...but yeah, maybe improve on ur stage etiquette..;)
Heyyy this is x berkaitan ngan this post sikit also,but mek wanna know kitak beli clothes ktk from wher?kacak.
miss anonymous: Hi..;)..kmk x pasti jua clothes ne yg ktk refer too but some of it i buy at blog shop...i have links in my blog..u can click on it and mun ktk x tkt slh saiz, can try beli dari blog shop lah. mun ktk dari kch, kch do have a lot of nice shop which sells nice clothes with reasonable price. asal rajin cari jak..;)
Heyy!!:D
haha..all ur clothes r nice:D
i kinda tkt mok buy kat the blog shop becoz the fitting maybe x chun..haha..then ill never wear it..buang duit jak.
How come i can never find any nice clothes arnd Kuching?!its all either for the super skinny or for those ah lien kind of ppl.suggestions lok?:p coz im nt one of those skinny people..:p Makseh!
Anonymous:
Hi, pa kata ktk intro diri? pat kmk address u by name, x lah ber'anonymous..;)..
I buy clothes all over the place sbb just like u, i find that some of the clothes too ah lien or too expensive.
ANyway, one of my favourite, Fashion Girl, they have quite a no.of baju ah lien so u have to rajin kn diri round lah test try to get the no ah lien one..
D&D at tHe Spring oso one of my favourite, I x shop there all the time but i've bought a few from there. It all depend on wat kind of patent that u like, baju gine yg ktk mok..dress? top? semua kmk beli lain2 tmpt cos kmk pun ssh mok carik baju, cerewet juak...hahhaa..kmk besar lower part of my body so ssh juak cari baju.
Kedei d Hock Lee have nice clothes too, but mesti mok rajin crk cos some of the shop jual mahal, x berbaloi, but kdg2 blh jmp yg cheaper piece.
Recently I bought a nice dress from Crown Square but I would consider myself as lucky cos usually baju d crown square mahal.
in the end, still jwpn nya mesti mok rajin test try..blm msk kedei blm tau akan jmp x, blm test try baju, blm tau gik ngam or sik..so apa lagi, mula kan usaha anda window shopping dulu...;)
heard bout 1 of the top 3 are held for possessing and selling drugs?
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/12/21/nation/5344002&sec=nation
I jz found ur blog while googling for contestant no11. Latest news of her read this: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/12/21/nation/5344002&sec=nation
That's her. Oops :P its well know in miri that she's a wild child socialite wannabe. Too bad she's gone on the wrong path. Here's hoping she repents and wont be so proud. If ppl critic learn to take it maturely. I mean look at her vids. That's not how a nice girl shud be portraying herself in public. :)
Well...I always believe in my own instinct, when I look at someone and I feel like hating here, there's a reason for it whether it will be revealed now or later.
No.11 is her 1st time joining a beauty pageant and maybe she's forgot that she's now a public figure. Hope she will repent.
I just found out that one of my relative who went for the grand final have the same thought as mine, and she heard other people as whispering the same thing after leaving the dinner. So it's not just me but a lot sharing the same opinion as mine.
apa tok??? wahahahaha... i dinno beauty pageant got tat kinda talent show.... LOL
kan dear, I just think that it is so inappropriate and sgt2 x sesuai to be performed as talent performance.
kan dear, I just think that it is so inappropriate and sgt2 x sesuai to be performed as talent performance.
performed as talent 2 .mmber the organizer yg plih sape akn performed 4 the final..so, xleh wat2 pe..dress 2 or the talent kna wat je la..suka2 or x tu berlkng cite..nak tarik coz the dress pun da xleh..
Post a Comment